Alessandra’s famous pasta dish. Some like it cold. Me, I like it hot.
- 1 box of DeCecco or Barilla rotini
- 2 cans tuna
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese (or grana)
- Olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the intstructions. Don’t forget to salt the water.
- Combine tuna, capers, olives, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium bowl.
- When the pasta is ready and drained, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Wait a minute for it to cool.
- Add the tuna mixture. Salt to taste.
- Add the basil at the end or else it may wilt and lose flavor.
Garnish with cheese to taste, and serve! Experiment liberally with proportions, such as more capers, more cheese, and more salt.