Rishi made this enough times at Marianne’s request, that it’s time she learned to make it on her own.
- 1 tsp. cardamom (I just put the seeds and throw the peel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- Â½ cup Rice (preferably long grained or basmati)
- Clove (optional)
- Saffron (optional). Is VERY expensive
- Dry fruits and nuts (like cashews, raisins, walnut, almonds etc.)
- Wash rice thoroughly. Soak in water for 1/2 hour.
- In a pot, boil the milk.
- Add the rice.
- Simmer together until the rice is soft, about 20-30 minutes. Stir continuously so the mixture doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Add sugar, cardamom, and nuts.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!