From The St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral Festival Cookbook March 1997
- 3 pounds chicken parts or halved breasts
- 2 lemons for juice (I use only one)
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use kosher)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (I omit)
- 1/4 cup water (I omit
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Wash and wipe dry chicken. Place in casserole dish and sprinkle with oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano (garlic too?). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, add butter and water and place in 350 degree oven until chicken skin browns. Cover and continue baking until chicken is golden brown.
- Chicken may also be broiled or grilled and should be basted occasionally.