I have been making this no-boil recipe for years. At some point I realized that there was no reason to be delicate in making the layers, and started mixing everything together into a goop. It works the same, and is much easier.
You will like this lasagna as much as you like the sauce, so choose well.
- 1 package Barilla lasagna noodles
- 15 oz (or so) of Ricotta cheese (regular or low fat)
- 8 oz shredded mozarella (or more, if you like it cheesy)
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed in microwave
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- Heat oven to 350
- Cover bottom of glass 13×9 lasagna pan with sauce. Lay 3 noodles.
- Reserve equal amount of sauce for top of lasagna
- Reserve half of mozarella
- In large mixing bowl, without subtlety, combine: sauce, ricotta, spinach, and mozarella
- Alternate layers of goo and noodles, ending with noodles
- Cover top layer of noodles with the reserved sauce, then the reserved mozarella
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 60-75 minutes, covered, until knife reveals that the noodles are cooked. Remove foil and cook 15 minutes to brown the cheese and evaporate some of the liquid
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving