From Theresa’s cooking club, 12 Feb 2010
- Head of green cabbage
- A 1/2 pound of mushrooms (variety of cremini and chantrelle) diced
- 1 cup of cooked rice (brown or short grain white)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp chopped dried Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Core the head of cabbage. Steam it for 8 minutes, then let it cool.
- Boil mushrooms for 8 minutes. Strain the mushrooms and be sure to save the broth.
- Add the mushrooms to the cooked rice with salt, pepper, and two bay leaves. Simmer mixture 20 minutes. Then add two eggs, parsley, pepper, and salt to taste. Mix.
- Line baking dish with internal cabbage leaves. Stuff external leaves with rice mixture, sort of like a burrito. Line top of dish with remaining cabbage leaves. Cover with mushroom broth. Bake for 45mins in 425 degree oven.